Arrington XRP Capital
Investing on the future blockchain-based technologies
Arrington XRP Capital is a digital asset management and venture capital firm focused on blockchain-based capital markets. It is one of the oldest venture capital firms on the market and has contributed to various projects. According to Crunchbase, the company raised a total of $200M across 2 funds, the latest being Ripple XRP II, and was announced on Mar 27, 2019. Ripple XRP II raised a total of $100M, being one of the biggest funds raised to date.
Arrington XRP Capital has a large number of portfolios. Crunchbase stated that they made at least 35 investments, with the last one finished on October 13, 2020, contributed to the Persistence One funding round which raised around $3.7 million. Arrington XRP Capital also invested in BlockFi at the same time. In addition to capital funding, Arrington XRP Capital also acquired some projects such as ByteSize Capital, which was done on March 27, 2019. The firm has five core members including co-founder Geoffrey Arone and 1 board member.
According to its website, some of their notable investments are:
– Moonbeam, a Polkadot para chain that provides compatibility with Ethereum’s developer toolchain and network, providing a full EVM implementation, a Web3-compatible API, and an Ethereum bridge.
– Witnet, a decentralized oracle network that connects smart contracts to the outer world.
– APY Finance, a DeFi aggregator that continuously routes user funds to a portfolio of the latest-and-greatest yield farming strategies.
– Persistence, a DeFi platform that connects DeFi and traditional finance by facilitating borrowing of crypto assets using real-world assets as collateral.
– Chai, a mobile payments app powered by Terra’s blockchain network.
– and more.