Disruptive investors for disruptive technologies
According to its LinkedIn page, CoinFund is a cryptoasset-focused investment firm founded in 2015 and based in Brooklyn, New York. The company’s tagline is a disruptive technology requires disruptive investors. The mission of the platform is to help the blockchain ecosystem by investing strategically in the decentralized and key financial infrastructure using the best approach conceptualized by its extensive blockchain technology expertise and experience in the industry. Coinfund’s team combines multidisciplinary backgrounds in technology, computer science, math, law, economics, finance, quantitative research, and psychology in order to find the best projects on the market. As a valuable strategic investor, the company stated that it aims to define the space by supporting project teams in the early stages, participating in decentralized networks as validators or resource providers, and assisting entrepreneurs to build their products.
According to Crunchbase, CoinFund is a private cryptoasset investor and blockchain research and advisory firm. At the time of writing, Crunchbase stated that CoinFund has made 22 investments with the latest investment finished on Nov 12, 2020, when API3 raised $3M. CoinFund has three core members, including its founder & Managing Director Jake Brukhman.
According to its website, some of its investment portfolios are:
– 3BOX, a next-generation network for storing and managing user data on the internet;
– Acala Network, a Polkadot-based blockchain project that focuses on DeFi use cases;
– API3, a decentralized API network that connects smart contract applications with off-chain data feeds;
– Archax, a UK-based financial infrastructure company that offers issuance, custody, and trading solutions for digital securities;
– Balancer, a non-custodial decentralized digital asset exchange and liquidity pool that runs on the Ethereum network;
– Blockdaemon, a blockchain infrastructure platform that deploys, auto-scales, and monitors nodes across any cloud platform;
– Boardroom, a governance protocol to simplify and standardize the governance process for stakeholders of the crypto ecosystem;
– CoinList, a digital asset platform for crowdfunding, community engagement, and trading;
– Dapper, a scalability-focused blockchain platform for gaming and digital collectibles;
= and more.